Department of Clinical Nutrition Management Nutrition Course
A registered dietician works to solve problems associated with modern eating habits.
The role of the registered dietician has gained more significance after the enactment of the Health Promotion Guideline. Their required role has changed from mainly cooking in the past to providing the best nutrition for each patient and counseling to prevent life-style related diseases (diabetes, hypertension etc.).
They are requested more in medical fields to shortening the lengths of patient’s hospitalization which not only reduces patients’ costs and mental burdens but also promotes better healthcare. The number of young people with a high risk of life-style related diseases is increasing. Therefore, food will be an inevitable keyword for a healthy life from now on. We are providing nutritional education focusing on health benefits, and making the most of medical welfare at a specialized university. We will educate a “nutritional specialist” who can respond to social requests concerning health through proper diet.
The licenses acquired by the students
It is possible to aquire the following lisences in Department of Clinical Nutrition Management Nutrition Course
- Registered Dietitian
- Functional Food Consultant
- Medical Medicinal Food Teacher
You can refer to information about the department here.
Basic knowledge of chemistry, biology etc. is essential to learn specialized subjects in the nutrition field. Also a great personality is required for these medical specialists.
Student are provided a variety of subjects in the natural sciences, human sciences, social sciences, foreign languages, sports and health sciences to acquire a basic education. Based on this learning, they can study specific fields systematically.
Students study such specialized subjects as “Society and Environment for Health”, “Morphology and Structure of the Human Body”, “Function of the Human Body”, “Pathology/Microbiology/Infectious Diseases”, and “Food and Health” and such specialized subjects as “Applied Clinical Nutrition Science”, “Nutritional Education”, “Public Nutrition” and “School Lunch Management”. They then develop a scientific way of thinking and the ability of integrated decision making through the Research Project for Graduation and acquire professional ability as a registered nutritionist to apply what they have learned.
- Basic knowledge and attitudes regarding a registered dietician
- Students study chemistry and biology to deepen their understanding of basic specialized subjects and learn about a registered dietician’s daily work.
- Specialized basic subjects and subjects in special fields
- Students study specialized basic subjects as well as specialized subjects. They deepen their self-knowledge and study the relevance of health and diseases as well.
- Advanced study of specialized fields and practical training at medical and welfare facilities
- Students study subjects which are specific to their field at an advanced level and experience practical training in hospitals and welfare facilities.
- Research project for graduation and preparation for the national exam
Students perform practical training at a health center and work on a research project as compilation of their four years of study. At the same time they prepare for the national examination for a registered dietician.