Department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion Medical Science
Educating acupuncture and moxibustion practitioners who can induce self-healing power by regulating the balance of “mind” and “body
Acupuncture and moxibustion therapies decrease symptoms by adjusting “mind” and “body.” The human body has a self-healing power (natural healing power) which these therapies try to bring out. Acupuncture and moxa refined from dried Japanese wormwood stimulate acupressure points and give effect by controlling nervous functions or increasing blood flow. This can be applied to cosmetic as well as allergic diseases. High school students experience this as a treatment for injury by sport. They are mild even for elderly people and applied in a variety of fields in the modern world because it rarely causes pain, and its burden on the body is slight. We pursue to educate medical specialists who can work at hospitals as acupuncturists or contribute in cooperate with hospitals while looking forward to a future of integrative medicine.
The licenses acquired by the students
It is possible to aquire the following lisences in Department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion Medical Science
- Acupuncture Practitioner
- Moxibustion Practitioner
- Medical Medicinal Food Teacher
- Functional Food Consultant
- An athletic trainer certified by the Mie Prefecture Athletics Association
You can refer to information about the department here.
Besides specific knowledge and skills concerning acupuncture and moxibustion, our curriculum is organized so that students can take subjects in other medical and welfare fields. This is due to the merit of our college having various medical and welfare departments.
We prepare 12 clinical acupuncture and moxibustion subjects in the third year to educate practitioners with high clinical competence.The fourth-year students acquire higher clinical skills and leading-edge situation of modern medical service in the Acupuncture Center.
In the Acupuncture and Moxibustion Study, students receive both eastern and western medical education carefully and acquire acupuncture and moxibustion science to cope with various diseases and symptoms.
In the Acupuncture and Moxibustion Sports Trainer Study (or Major), students gain general education and skills concerning sports by learning specific subjects relevant to sports such as kinematics and training instructing method in addition to the acupuncture and moxibustion major subjects. Students acquire knowledge and skills not only for recovery from fatigue or treatment to damaged areas but also an understanding of the body condition which may cause damage. In addition, training instruction which improves sport performance and prevents occurrence or recurrence of damage is offered. Students aim to gain national qualification of acupuncture and moxibustion practitioner, and qualifications of training instructor and personal fitness trainer.
- Learning Medical Basis and General Education
- Students have Iryojin Sokojikara Education, Basic Anatomy and Physiology, Introduction to Acupuncture and Moxibustion Skills etc. to learn basics before learning major fields of acupuncture and moxibustion in order to gain broad knowledge and general education.
- Deepening medical knowledge and learning acupuncture and moxibustion, and oriental medicine
- Students understand anatomy and physiology and study theories of oriental medicine and make a foundation of disease and treatment. They also improve basic skills of acupuncture and moxibustion and review their attitude and skills through clinical practice.
- Acquiring knowledge of Oriental and Western Medicine.
- Students study medical comprehension and examination, treatment of diseases by oriental and western medicine, and acupuncture and moxibustion method. They develop their practical competence in nine areas like acupuncture and moxibustion of internal medicine and surgical medicine etc. and acquire skills necessary for clinical practice.
- Enhancing competence of application and practice and measures for national examination
- We organize Clinical Practice and Research Seminar from the second year by steps to complete Acupuncture and Moxibustion Study, Eastern Medicine and Western Medicine. Moreover, students study appropriately to pass the national examination with one-on-one guidance.