Department of Physiotherapy
We educate physical therapists who will continue to upgrade their skills to provide the best rehabilitation.
We aim to develop physical therapists who work to improve disabled people’s quality of life by giving rehabilitation to them for the purpose of recovering their daily mobility. The more an age society is getting, the more elderly people need rehabilitations for recovering their disorders. The change of social environment is getting remarkable and its occurring problems are coming up to the surface. Therefore severity and duplication of many diseases and disorders is getting so big .In our physical therapy department, we educate our students how to be aware of patients’ problems, how to search the problems, how to think of anything deeply and how to solve the problems by themselves.
The philosophy in this department is follows: To learn the way of leaning, which means students not only get a variety of knowledge including medicine but also much ability of thinking, working and solving independently through daily practical learning.
The licenses acquired by the students
It is possible to aquire the following lisences in Department of Physiotherapy
- Physical Therapist
You can refer to information about the department here.
The recent improvement of medicine and advanced and differentiated specialization is remarkable.
The problems of a rising number of handicapped people and increasingly serious and multiple diseases due to an aging society are being experienced.
Based on these social circumstances, we established the first Department of Physiotherapy in a four-year private college in the Chubu district in April 2002 and began to educate physical therapists to work for physiotherapy education, research and clinical activities
Students acquire the ability to think and solve problems flexibly and logically through a highly dense curriculum.
In addition, we not only teach required knowledge but also educate good hearted and high quality physical therapists with an ability to make accurate judgements.
- Learning the basics of physiotherapy
- Students strengthen their will to be a physical therapist by learning the foundations of physiotherapy focusing on general liberal arts, basic medicine and specialized clinical medical subjects.
- Acquiring knowledge and theory indispensable for physiotherapy
- Students learn the basic knowledge and theory which are necessary to perform physiotherapy. At the same time, they visit medical facilities to observe and experience physiotherapy.
- Deepening specialized knowledge and experiencing clinical situations
- Students learn to have concern for disabled people. In the second semester they take charge of some patients to experience actual clinical situations.
- Developing applicable ability in integrated practical training
- Students actually take part in a clinical situation as support for a physical therapist. They develop ability to solve problems and apply solutions in a clinical situation.